Growing balding spot
My name is misery and I like company.
The software that caused me much anguish just last week by deciding to log me out after I've completed my story and was trying to save it, has gone a.w.o.l again.
This time, it has decided to take the day off and will not let anyone log in.
All my articles, including a 1,000 word cover story for my pullout, are stored inside. I must must must close all pages by tomorrow.
When will the system be back? IT personnel at my paper said, "Indefinitely. It's not a problem on our side but with the software itself. We've contacted the developers in the U.K. -- there's nothing else we can do for now."
Jump off a building, anyone?
The software that caused me much anguish just last week by deciding to log me out after I've completed my story and was trying to save it, has gone a.w.o.l again.
This time, it has decided to take the day off and will not let anyone log in.
All my articles, including a 1,000 word cover story for my pullout, are stored inside. I must must must close all pages by tomorrow.
When will the system be back? IT personnel at my paper said, "Indefinitely. It's not a problem on our side but with the software itself. We've contacted the developers in the U.K. -- there's nothing else we can do for now."
Jump off a building, anyone?
:
In a situation like this, I'd use the excuse to do nothing all day?
I guess you can't do that when the deadline is tomorrow....what can you do? AND you know the UK ppl ain't fast...haha what DID you do kimm?
eep. didn't update on blog -- they managed to fix the thing at 5pm -- i spent the whoooole day working on the old computer and dealing with photos cos tht doesn't require this program.
turns out, they put a timebomb in the software in case we don't pay for the software license after three months trial. so after the time's up, the software locks itself up.
the thing is, my company DID pay for it.
stupid UK jerkholes. cause me a day of anguish
they took a DAY to tell you guys about the timebomb??? That is not surprising, I dealt with a lot of annoying, feet-dragging lazy UK-ers too!
Post a Comment
<< Home