<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11417852?origin\x3dhttp://dugongism.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, November 05, 2007

Central Market Excursion

Flowers at Petaling Street


I've lived in KL for almost six years now, and I'm ashamed to say I've only been to Central Market once.

So with a Sunday afternoon to spare, I dragged Moobs down the area with me.

(LC... should've brought you there, you would've loved it!)


Dino's Portrait Corner


I think that's Dino on the left, smiling at the camera when he saw that I was taking a picture.


They had some really life-like portraits of Malaysia's prime ministers (that's Badawi and his late wife Endon in the oil and Mahathir in the bottom right pencil sketch).

There were also impressive Van Gogh imitations (forgot to take picture).


Some poser-ish artist guy


Makes for good cafe decor


Inside Central Market: Bone Calendar

Had a look at it but have no idea how to read the damn thing. Not even sure if it's meant to be read.



I love vintage Chinese posters!



Beggar


Old colonial buildings converted into shops.


Sony and McDonalds occupying some of these buildings.



Garish but charming somehow.


Garish beyond beer goggles.


:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey that is nice, i like the 'good cafe decor' artworks AND the old chinese prints too! :)

but the power of E! Channel was too strong...haha suelynn and i stayed in...

2:07 PM, November 06, 2007  
Blogger Keem said...

laaaaaazzzzzyyy.

next time you come around, and you must, i will play tourist guide. maybe suelynn can play driver :D

6:06 AM, November 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha....of COURSE it was lazeee...it was so hot!! hahaha

AND...next time I come around, I plan to be in EAST Malaysia...somewhere on a beach where I don't move...coinciding when u go home so u can play tour guide. :D how's that for a future future plan, that might eventuate if you NEVER come to sydney! hehe

6:28 PM, November 07, 2007  
Blogger Keem said...

lol. sounds like a plan plan.

fingers crossed u'll get to play tourist guide when i go over if i go over.

7:26 PM, November 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heyyyyyyy... i wanna come to!!

east and south...

1:23 AM, November 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home