<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11417852?origin\x3dhttp://dugongism.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Friday, November 02, 2007

Bursting with it.


"A good editor can make or break a journalist,"
said Super Journalist-Editor after late night supper of Hokkien Mee.


Earlier on, while drinking beer that was persuaded upon me, "Drink up because we don't bring everyone to this club with us. We think you have potential."

I had four beers. Without gagging (I hate beer).

Now, I know I shouldn't need people to tell me what I have or don't; realisation of one's potential should come from the results one has achieved, not empty praise (but it was by Super Journalist-Editor!) (who has never worked on a story with me!).

But having been <-insert word-> by an editor, with things like "I wonder why you're a journalist" and "do you know what you're doing" makes you doubt whether you do.

Like other kinds of abuse, you start believing you're not so worthy after awhile.

:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi! Cancookpie!!! I think I will genetically modify your ears so you will ALSO hear the good stuff people say about your work..dont believe lah!!! You blank out the non constructive, kick you down to boost their ego types and listen to only the good. Selective hearing is RECOMMENDED. u rock!!

p.s. i was serious about the genetic modification...I OWN U!!!

yes power has gone to my head.hehe

7:21 PM, November 02, 2007  
Blogger Keem said...

master lc.. bravo! marvelous use of lah!

:)

but if i choose not to listen to criticism it also means tht i think a whole damn lot about myself. i mean, what if those things said were true, right?

10:58 AM, November 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah..but only listen to criticism by people who you respect OR have your best interest at heart. :)

Better to have the big ego then work ur derriere (i substituted instead of the common 'a_s' word hehe) off to justify it, than have nothing and believe you are nothing right?

BELIEVE!

11:16 PM, November 04, 2007  
Blogger Keem said...

true that. i do tell myself that sometimes, that these ppl who are just trying to put me down for the sake of it don't matter.

and when i remember that it becomes okay, but it's kind of hard to remember when you're feeling pissy and shitty.

ok. must write this down lest i forget.

6:10 AM, November 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home