The room is too clean
My colleague T's uncle-in-law had just passed away, the man was about 80 years old.
In a move to console the man's wife, who was crying in the backseat of the car, he said:
"Don't worry lah aunty. You're quite old also, you won't live very long. You will see him soon."
Yes, he really did say that.
And the thing is - she agreed with him.
O_O
In a bid to create more things for myself to do when you're away, I've actually created more things to do than I can handle.
It's 1.15am and I just finished three freelance write-ups which I was told about at least two weeks ago.
I just figured with you out of the way, I'd have more free time than I can handle.
And I did (have too much free time), but that was yesterday.
I must never procrastinate again.
I must never procrastinate again.
It must be said though, that I am surprised at how efficient I can be when pressed for time.
I finished one personality profile story, a gadgets column (with some help from Merv) and the VSA advertorial in only about 2 hours.
It usually takes me an entire day because I wander off and daydream about stuff.
I must not daydream so much.
I must not daydream so much.
In a move to console the man's wife, who was crying in the backseat of the car, he said:
"Don't worry lah aunty. You're quite old also, you won't live very long. You will see him soon."
Yes, he really did say that.
And the thing is - she agreed with him.
O_O
----------------
In a bid to create more things for myself to do when you're away, I've actually created more things to do than I can handle.
It's 1.15am and I just finished three freelance write-ups which I was told about at least two weeks ago.
I just figured with you out of the way, I'd have more free time than I can handle.
And I did (have too much free time), but that was yesterday.
I must never procrastinate again.
I must never procrastinate again.
It must be said though, that I am surprised at how efficient I can be when pressed for time.
I finished one personality profile story, a gadgets column (with some help from Merv) and the VSA advertorial in only about 2 hours.
It usually takes me an entire day because I wander off and daydream about stuff.
I must not daydream so much.
I must not daydream so much.
---------------
Met up with Spence for dinner at Manhattan Fish Market in KLCC just now.
It was really, really fun.
Has been awhile that I just sat down with a friend (and his friend) and just talked nonsense.
Conversations with normal people and journalists is somehow different. Conversation with boyfriend also is different. Don't know why, just different.
But it was not all nonsense as Spence helped me figure out that I did not need to file my taxes because I was not subjected to the monthly deductions in 2007. Not quite sure why but I am not complaining.
So relieved I don't have to go to jail or get fined (deadline for taxes was on Weds).
On the down side, I was hoping that the government owed me money.
It was really, really fun.
Has been awhile that I just sat down with a friend (and his friend) and just talked nonsense.
Conversations with normal people and journalists is somehow different. Conversation with boyfriend also is different. Don't know why, just different.
But it was not all nonsense as Spence helped me figure out that I did not need to file my taxes because I was not subjected to the monthly deductions in 2007. Not quite sure why but I am not complaining.
So relieved I don't have to go to jail or get fined (deadline for taxes was on Weds).
On the down side, I was hoping that the government owed me money.
--------------
I bought the vege balls from Cold Storage that I liked for supper.
But am too full from dinner so can't eat them.
But cannot keep them in the fridge cause Shirley or someone turned off all the lights outside and I don't like pottering about outside in the dark.
Yes, I'm afraid of the dark.
So hopefully the vege balls don't go bad in the room.
You reckon turning on the aircond helps?
But am too full from dinner so can't eat them.
But cannot keep them in the fridge cause Shirley or someone turned off all the lights outside and I don't like pottering about outside in the dark.
Yes, I'm afraid of the dark.
So hopefully the vege balls don't go bad in the room.
You reckon turning on the aircond helps?
:
Post a Comment
<< Home